Sky Lantern Events
The tradition of releasing sky lanterns during the Lantern Festival has a history of 100 years, and over time the Pingxi Lantern Festival has gained a reputation for being the brightest, happiest and most heart-warming event in Taiwan.
- "The most recommended international traveler cultural event in Taiwan"－Voted by TripAdvisor.
- 40 Travel Adventures You Need to Have Before You’re 40 － Reader’s digest.
- Top 10 Must-go attractions in Taiwan.
- One of the “2016 Best Winter Trips”-National Geographic.
- Selected by “Fodor’s”, the world’s largest travel book publisher, as one of the 14 Festivals to Attend Before You Die.
- 52 Things to Do in 2013-CNN.
- 14 Festivals to “Attend before You Die”-Fodor’s.
- Successfully met the challenge of “Launching 1,000 lanterns together”.
- Set a record of 420,000 participants and generated nearly TWD 300 million in economic benefits.
- Top 2 Carnivals of the World-Discovery.
- Selected as one of the three major lantern festivals in Taiwan by Tourism Bureau.
- Several lantern craftsmen from Pingxi created the 18.98m giant lantern during the millennium transition, which set the Guinness World Record for the world's largest sky lantern at the time.
- New Taipei City Government started hosting the Sky Lantern Festival.